Today we're happy to share some how-to videos for our new illumy sleep and wake mask that we hope you will find helpful. These short clips are meant to help you become familiar with using your illumy sleep mask. We cover how to charge the illumy sleep mask, how to program illumy using the smartphone App, adjusting the sunset brightness and the best way to store your sleep mask and accessories.
How to charge illumy using the included charger and USB cable:
In most cases it is best to fully charge the illumy sleep mask before using it. The battery is only partially charged when the product is shipped so you want to make sure the battery has enough power to operate correctly. This is pretty straightforward and can be done using the following steps:
- After unpacking the mask and accessories, flip the prongs on the wall adapter so that they are sticking out (and we can plug them into the wall or extension cable)
- Plug the USB cable into the adapter
- Open the zipper on the sleep mask's fabric cover
- Plug the micro USB end of the cable into the mask
- The mask should be fully charged within 1 - 2 hours
Check out the video below for a demonstration. Once the mask is fully charged, you will want to program the sunrise alarm clock and sunset functions using the smartphone App.
How to program illumy using the Android, iOS or PC Apps:
We designed illumy to be easy to program on any platform. Using a standard headphone output jack, the Apps can program illumy with your custom sunrise and sunset settings. All of the settings are organized on one page so that everything is easy to find and set at once. The recommended programming method is:
- Open the illumy App on your phone, tablet or PC
- Plug the programming cable into your phone's headphone jack
- Open the zipper of the sleep mask's fabric cover
- Plug the programming cable into illumy's USB jack (located inside the cover in the center of the top of the electronics module)
- Choose your settings in the App
- Alarm on or off
- Alarm chime - an audible queue at your chosen alarm time (disable this for a silent sunrise wakeup light)
- Sunrise duration - choose how long it takes for the sunrise lights to each maximum brightness
- Sunrise reaches peak brightness at your chosen alarm time
- Sunset duration - choose how long it takes for the sunset lights to dim and turn off when you go to sleep
- You may choose to disable sunset by selecting the minimum duration. In this case illumy will flash the red lights when you press the sleep button to confirm that the alarm time has been set for the morning
- Sleep Enhance - Gently pulse the lights to encourage your body to slow down and go to sleep at night or in the morning, pulsing lights quicken to help wake you up
- Press SYNC to transfer the settings
- The LEDs in the mask will flash green to confirm success
- Unplug the programming cable from illumy - the LEDs will flash green one time to confirm that a new alarm time has been set
- Unplug the programming cable from your device
- Press the sleep button when you are ready for bed
- Each night pressing the sleep button sets the alarm for the next morning. If you do not press the sleep button, the alarm will not sound the next morning.
The Apps can be downloaded from the following stores:
Or visit our online programmer in any browser at: www.glotosleep.com/programmer .
The video below shows an example of illumy being programmed.
When you're ready for sleep, press the sleep button and put illumy on to begin experiencing better sleep and feel refreshed in the morning.
How to adjust and personalize the illumy sunset brightness:
The red sunset program begins at full brightness and dims over time. If you find that the full brightness setting is too bright, you can dim the LEDs by pressing and holding the sleep button during the sleep program. The LEDs will dim to their minimum level and then begin to increase in brightness again. When your desired brightness setting is reached, release the button and that brightness now be the starting point for the sunset program going forward. The video below shows a quick demonstration of setting the brightness levels.
Using the travel case to store illumy:
The included travel case can help you safely store and transport illumy to keep it looking new. The case is also a convenient place to keep your accessories like the charger and USB cables. The following video shows our suggested method to place and store the included items.
How to program illumy wirelessly:
illumy is usually programmed using the programming cable however it is possible to use your phone's speakers to program illumy wirelessly. Follow the steps in the video below - make sure to locate your phone's speaker before getting started: