Having trouble with your illumy sleep mask? Try these helpful illumy troubleshooting tips.
Note that the illumy App contains a help guide for the App as well as the illumy eye mask. Click on the “?” mark icon beside the sync button to visit the App help page.
If you would like to find a summary of illumy’s features and learn more about the product, visit the product page here.
How to adjust the sunset brightness if you find it too bright?
The illumy sunset brightness can be customized by holding the sunset button after the sunset program has begun. Follow these steps:
- Press and release the Sleep button to begin the sunset program
- Once the red LEDs have illuminated, press and hold the Sleep button
- The red LED brightness will begin to change
- Release the Sleep button when the desired brightness is reached
- Illumy will keep this brightness setting in memory until it is reset
Illumy sunrise did not wake me up and did not appear to turn on in the morning
The illumy sunrise turns off 5 minutes after your chosen alarm time in order to prevent the battery from being exhausted if you forget to turn it off. Occasionally you can sleep through the sunrise and if the alarm chime is not enabled, the sunrise lights may turn off before you wake up. If you experience this, try enabling the alarm chime so that you have an audio queue to wake you.
Don’t forget to press the Sleep button when you go to bed at night. This enables the alarm for the next day. If you don’t press the Sleep button at night, the alarm will not start the next morning.
Illumy sunrise did not begin at the expected time
When syncing illumy, ensure that the clock is set to “Home” if you wish to use the current time from your smartphone.
Illumy is too warm or doesn’t breathe enough
You can increase the breathability of your sleep mask by removing the thin white plastic sheet from inside the mask. This will reveal the LED panels but should not impact performance. It will allow more air to circulate in the eye pockets.
Illumy does not sync with the illumy App
The illumy App uses sound played through the headphone jack to sync the settings with your sleep mask. This means that other Apps which make sound can interfere with the syncing process. Here are some illumy troubleshooting tips that can help ensure syncing is successful.
- Ensure illumy is fully charged
- Set your phone’s media volume to about 75%
- Make sure that you are adjusting your media volume and not your phone’s ringer volume. Some phones (most Android phones) will adjust the ringer volume when the illumy app is open instead of adjusting the media volume (When you press the volume button on your phone, it should show you the various audio volume menus at the top of the screen – you can press the down arrow to see all of them)
- It is important that no other Apps are playing sounds while you are trying to sync illumy. Sometimes Google Play Music or another music App will start playing on top of the illumy App.
- Press the Square button or double tap the iPhone home button to show other open Apps
- Close any Apps which may be playing music or sound effects
- You may also try increasing the tone length by long pressing on the alarm clock icon in the illumy App and then using the slider to increase the tone length to 65 ms.
- This can increase the reliability of syncing for some phones
- If you have a sound equalizer App such as “Waves MaxxAudio”, you may need to disable it during the syncing process
- If these illumy troubleshooting tips don’t help you may also try using our online programmer using a phone, tablet or laptop. This is available at www.glotosleep.com/programmer/